Letter of Reference for SFB Waterproofing & Painting
4th June 2015
In December 2014, my wife and I appointed SFB Waterproofing & Painting to complete a significant refurbishment of our house in Cape St Francis. as we currently live in the United Kingdom, it was important for us to have a contractor that we were confident could liver the project on time, on cost and to a high standard of quality.
Scope of Works for the Job
- Remove and replace all gutters for the house
- Remove all existing asbestos roof sheeting: fascia and barge boards on main and apron roof.
- Remove the ceiling of the apron roof.
- Remove all roof batons and roof sheet underlay.
- Supply and install new aluminium corrugated roof sheeting; V-ridges; roll top valleys; head wall flashings; PVC fascia boards; South Pro fascia connectors; Internal fascia corner joiner; Barge boards and barge connectors.
- Supplied and installed new roof insulation – Radenshield double sided aluminium foil.
- Put back roof batons and replaced any damaged, cracked or broken batons with new.
- Supply and install new ceiling boards for apron roof; including 75mm x 3.5mm stainless steel nail ring shanks and top speed 65mm cap and washers.
Waterproofing and painting:
- High pressure cleaned external walls.
- Prepared, repaired and waterproofed all cracks on external and internal walls.
- Internal side of back wall to be re-plastered.
- Damaged internal ceilings to be replaced.
- Re-paint internal walls with Prominent Matt.
- Re-paint external walls with Prominent Ultra Satin.
- Waterproof chimney and head wall flashing on apron roof.
Tiling of balcony:
- Remove all old tiles of balcony; Prep and make right the slab for waterproofing
- Waterproof the deck with our system.
- Supply new tiles, adhesive and grout.
- Install the new tiles.
- Remove the rubble.
Timeline for the works: January 2015 to mid-March 2015.
SFB Waterproofing & Painting is owned and run by Stephen Du Plessis. Stephen personally looked after the works for us, with the assistance of my father in-law who coordinated the additional contractors that we drafted in to do additional works, and provided Stephen with assistance on quality control for the scope of works provided.
I’m pleased to say that Stephen and his team delivered the project before the agreed deadline date. Unfortunately Stephen began the project later due to personal unforeseen circumstances but managed to still deliver the project on time.
Stephen and his team worked over a number of weekends to achieve this and the commitment of his team could not be faulted.
The budget was well managed according to the original quotation. Stephen kept within the budget at all times and if there was a variation for any reason, Stephen notified me timeously.
The quality of the work was exceptional and the end result of the project is fantastic. I have to say that I was surprised by the level of detail and effort on every element of the works.
Follow up Service
Where we have picked up minor quality issues after the conclusion of the project, Stephen has responded quickly and without hesitation to rectifying them as swiftly as possible.
I would have no hesitation in recommending SFB Waterproofing & Painting to anyone considering a similar project.
Stephen and his team are competent, hardworking and trustworthy. Stephen will be the first person I phone if we decide to do any further work on our house in the future.